Thursday, April 25, 2024

Homeschooling and Finding Community





Last year was genuinely one of the hardest most exhausting years of my life. We were battling a lot of uncertainty, dealing with grief, a lot of crazy stuff that I won’t get into here…but I will say that by the end of summer I was so broken. I’m not sure that I have ever cried that much in my life. 

As I worked hard to find my footing again, both my husband and I realized we needed to find an outlet for the girls homeschool wise. We decided to try a new homeschool community. 

Fast forward to a year later, and wow, we have found a place to land. It has been the sweetest year of encouragement and refinement. I believe we are where God wants us. 

Watching my girls grow in their faith and confidence while we continue to homeschool but with a co-op has been salve to my soul. And watching them make precious friendships has been icing on the cake.

All of this to say…if you are in the trenches of homeschooling or private schooling or public schooling…I see you. Making choices that better serves your family or maybe your child’s needs...I see you. I hope you find your place to land and if you haven’t, I’d be honored to pray for you. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you're doing better dear Heather. Community through groups, church etc are so important, grounding and helpful. What a lovely message to share. Blessing over your beautiful girls and your summer ahead! xoxo

    ReplyDelete