Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Finding Joy

 







The last few weeks have taken a toll on my heart. The news. The hate. The heartbreak of lives lost in Afghanistan. The heartbreak of knowing what others are facing. 

I found myself needing a slower pace. Quiet days at home. The gentle hum of everyday life. I want to be faithful in these small things. In doing so, I’m embracing the freedom and opportunities that others have given up their lives for. It’s an honor to be here, doing these ordinary, everyday things. It’s my own way to deal with grief.

And I will continue to pray for the mothers, fathers and spouses whose world has been turned upside down. For the underground church in Afghanistan, the courageous leaders who are still working to help those left behind. 

2 comments:

  1. Yes to everything in this beautiful post, Heather.
    Beautiful thoughts.
    Happy and blessed school year!
    Love the photos on the previous post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen my Friend. I feel that I do that more and more these days. Besides devotional - random moments of constant prayer. It will add up. Power in prayer always. And power in taking care of yourself and your beautiful family in all the ways you need to Love. Blessings on the school year ahead. 🍎 🍁

    ReplyDelete